Look, ma! I’m on camera!
Not all of us are models. In fact, most of us are NOT models. It’s a lot harder than it looks and if you don’t have a good director, it’s next to impossible to try to recreate what someone else has in their head.
If you’re ever called upon to be in a video or photoshoot, refresh yourself with a few of these tips. We promise that if you keep these in mind, you won’t look like a total dweeb. (We wish someone told us these for our first shoot!)
Here are 10 tips for looking good for the camera
- Wear comfortable clothes that reflect your personality.
- Unless you’re a fashion model, avoid patterns and crazy colors.
- The camera exaggerates everything, so sit up straight and watch your posture.
- Watch your body language, others will too!
- Relax! We can go through as many takes as we need to get the perfect shot. *Editing* is our friend.
- Use your natural voice. Don’t try and sound like someone else.
- Do NOT rush anything. Leave the ‘Let’s just get this over with’ attitude at home! We’re making magic here!
- Treat the camera like your best friend. There’s a natural smile that will come out of your lips and eyes!
- Drink some water to calm your nerves.
- Be prepared! Read your script (& this list) over again, so you will naturally sound more confident!
- Media Production